Several years ago, a group of die-hard enduro riders started showing up at Highland on Wednesday nights after the lift had closed and pedaling to the summit. They called this weekly habit “Wednesduro.” Over time it caught on, and we now offer official uphill access on designated evenings throughout the season.
How does it work? During specified hours, Freedom Trail is opened to uphill traffic only. Pedal up and then descend on any of our downhill trails. (You can check out our trail map here.) It’s the perfect way to earn your turns!
Uphill access is only permitted during designated hours. You may not pedal up the mountain when the lift is running.
Riders please note: as we move into fall, the sun is setting earlier! There is no artificial lighting on any of our trails. Please come prepared with appropriate personal lights (headlamps, bike lights, etc.) so that you don’t find yourself caught in the dark.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT RACES
- Register Now
- $20 for two timed runs on the race trail
- Racers should be ready for a 4 pm start time at the top of the designated race trail
- Racers will also need a Wednesduro Pass to participate
- Timing chips will be distributed at the summit, and collected at the bottom of the race course after the second timed lap
- Racers will need to complete both timed laps by 6:00 pm
Wednesday, October 21: Shillelagh> Jack Rabbit> Maiden Voyage
Wednesday, October 7: Faux Pine
Wednesday, September 9: ODB > ODC > Reef Around > Lower Threshold
Wednesday, September 2: Upper Happy Hour > Eastern Hemlock
NEW TO LIFT-ACCESSED MOUNTAIN BIKING?
If you are new to downhill mountain biking the Find Your Ride™ program is the best way to enter into the sport. The Find Your Ride™ program includes:
- One full-day lift pass
- One-hour Park Ready™ session
- One full-day Park Ready™ bike rental (2020 Giant, Reign SX). Kids Bikes are also available.
- Full-face helmet and safety equipment
You may also consider our Find Your Ride™ 3-Pack. For just $319, you’ll gain confidence and experience over three all-inclusive Find Your Ride™ visits.