Start this season off right with a weekend dedicated to learning and fun. Develop essential mountain biking skills that will take your bike park experience to new heights.
The Women’s Gravity Weekend brings together a diverse group of enthusiastic women in a supportive riding environment. Whether you’re new to gravity mountain biking or have been riding for years, this program has something for you!
Morning instruction focuses on core fundamentals and balance. Break old habits and begin to ride with more control and confidence. Riders also have an opportunity to harness new skills related to jumping and taking drops on Highland’s dedicated learning features.
Practice makes perfect…
The Women’s Gravity Weekend includes park passes and discount rentals for the entire weekend giving participants plenty of time to reinforce new techniques on the terrain of their choosing. Sunday instruction is available for an additional fee.
This year we have again partnered with Driftwood Stables of Northfield, NH to provide a true “Retreat Style” lodging option for WGW participants. Located Just 5 miles from Highland, accommodations include finished Yurts with electricity, showers, warm meals, and access to the facility’s heated outdoor pool and spa!
Friday, May 17th
|7:00–8:00pm||Welcome dinner at Driftwood Stables, Northfield NH (included with regular camp)|
|8:30pm||Campfire at Driftwood Stables|
Saturday, May 18 — 9:00am–5:00pm
7:00am to 8:30am – Breakfast in Driftwood Stables*
9:00am to 12:00pm
- Meet and greet, get to know your bike/proper setup tips
- Warm Up and Rider Observations
- Balanced Riding: Expanding our Ranges of Motion, identify and correct lingering habits for more control and poise on the bike
12:00pm to 1:30pm — Break for Lunch in the Highland Lodge
1:30pm to 5:00pm
- Mechanics of Cornering, a step-by-step approach to balanced and effective cornering
- Jumps & Drops, learn simple, reliable techniques for catching air and (safely) leave your fears behind
5:00pm to 6:30pm — Happy Hour at the Highland Pub
7:00pm to 8:00pm — Dinner at Driftwood Stables
8:30pm — Campfire
Sunday, May 19 — 9:00am–5:00pm
7:00am to 8:30am – Breakfast at Driftwood Stables*
Free Riding at your leisure! Take what you learned in the clinics on Saturday and apply them to riding on Sunday.
- $225 for Saturday instruction (includes: Day Passes for Saturday and Sunday, Friday Welcome Dinner at Driftwood & Saturday lunch voucher at Highland)
- Park Ready™ Rental Bike, additional $50 per day Saturday and Sunday
- Free Day Pass to be used anytime during the 2019 season
*Lodging add-on at Driftwood Stables
Driftwood stables are located in Northfield NH, Five miles from Highland Mountain Bike Park. The unique accommodations are nicely finished Yurts. Each yurt has its own bathroom and shower. Guests will have access to the facility’s heated outdoor pool and spa. Bedding will not be provided; you will need to bring your own sleeping bag or bedding.
- Friday & Saturday Night — $150 (includes: Friday & Saturday dinner at Driftwood, Saturday breakfast & lunch at Highland)
- Friday Only — $75 (includes: Friday welcome dinner at Driftwood, Saturday breakfast & lunch at Highland)
- Saturday Only — $75 (includes Lunch and Dinner Saturday, Sunday breakfast at Driftwood)
Driftwood has two different size yurt options, ones that sleep 8 and ones that sleep 6. If you have requests for grouping within a yurt please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll email you with dinner menu information prior to the camp weekend.
Driftwood has several of these yurts equipped with electricity, heat and private bathrooms
Heated Pool and Jacuzzi