We’re in the final countdown now! Bike park season is just around the corner. Highland will be open for 2022 Season Pass holders on Wednesday, April 27 and then to everyone else starting Thursday, April 28. We can’t wait to show off everything we’ve been working on through the off-season.
Keep reading this park report for the latest updates on trail work, Central Park, changes to the Highland Pub, Season Pass Holder day, and more. (It’s kind of a long one, but we promise it’s mostly pictures.)
Pre-season HTC sessions have been popping off these last few weekends, getting us more and more hyped for the season to officially begin. The HTC is currently open for both morning and afternoon sessions on Saturdays only. Friday and Sunday sessions will begin after opening day.
Space is limited to 20 riders per session. See the full availability calendar and reserve your spot online today.
The XC network is open! This trail network is free to the public, so don’t hesitate to come up and check it out.
Most of our XC trails have been cleared for spring access, but some are still closed to riders. Please respect and adhere to all posted signage. You can find the full XC network map here.
Trail Crew is out on the mountain in full force, getting as many downhill trails as possible dialed in for opening day. Freedom Trail was the first to get a full workthrough. Next the crew will be turning their attention to Cats Paw, Fancy Feast, and a few more of your favorites. We’ll have a more definitive list of what you can expect for opening by the end of next week: stay tuned.
While the crew’s primary focus is on the mountain at large right now, a quick walk through Central Park shows that the main structure of the new surface lift is in place and awaiting some finishing touches. (Specifically, the “carpet” itself.) All materials are onsite–once the downhill trails are up and running, we’ll have more exciting news to share!
You’ll notice another change in the landscape up behind Upper Sherwood. The crew has recently cleared space for a new and improved Park Ready Zone. The Park Ready Zone is integral to the Highland Training Center’s operations, and is used for everything from Find Your Rides and Kids Camps to private lessons and Adult Ayr Academy programming.
The Highland Pub is also getting a significant overhaul for the new season. We’ve heard your feedback about long wait times during the lunch rush. The café side of the lodge is being reconfigured to provide a more cafeteria-style service during the lunch rush. The made-to-order menu will still be available after 4pm, but during the busiest hours we’ll be able to get you quickly fed and back to where you really want to be: out on the trails.
We are so excited to welcome you back to the mountain in just a couple of weeks. Get those bikes dialed, passes secured, and waivers filed: it’s going to be another incredible season. We’ll see you soon!
DON’T MISS OUT:
- Kids Camp: Full-day and half-day programs for li’l shredders ages 6-14. Offered most Saturdays. Discounted multi-packs now available!
- Now Hiring: Be a part of the Highland team! We’re specifically seeking lift attendants (ages 16+) and a full-time bike mechanic. Download the application here
- Freebird Slopestyle Series: The Freebird Series is back for 2022! Athlete registration is now open. Jun 18, Aug 20, Sep 24
- New Summer Camp Session Added: Due to high demand, we’ve added a sixth week of Summer Ride and Ayr Academy in August
- Adult Ayr Academy: Take your riding to the next level with this 3-day adult camp featuring professional coaches and guest pro athletes
- Women’s Gravity Weekend: Start your season off right with a weekend devoted to women’s progression! Jun 25 (sold out) and Jun 26
- 2022 Friday Night Race Series: Registration opens on May 1! Six weeks of racing, team competition, and all the good times
- Bike Shop Sale: 2022 Season Pass Holders get 20% off all online bike shop orders in April. (Bikes excluded.) Use promo code sp2022
- New Apparel: Brand new 2022 designs are trickling in to the Flagship Store! Find new apparel, accessories, stickers and more