FRIDAY NIGHT RACE SERIES
2021 Dates, Themes & Trails (Trails subject to change)
The Friday Night Race Series is back and ready to deliver six weeks of ultimate racing fun!
- June 25…….Theme: Jungle Boogie | Trail: Cat’s Paw
- July 2……….Theme: Red, White, and Blue | Trail: Fancy Feast
- July 9……….Theme: Highland Represent | Trail: Happy Hour
- July 16……..Theme: Mustache and Beard | Trail: Hellion
- July 23……..Theme: It’s Electric | Trail: NE Style
- July 30……..Theme: Hawaiian Shirts | Trail: SURPRISE
NEW for 2021:
- FIVE drop-in race spots each week! No buy-in necessary. Race registration is required at least 2 hours prior to the start of the weekly race
- Individual Class standings and series winner
- More ways to earn weekly points for you and your team
- New point structure
RACING IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS
Each week, you’ll get one timed run on a rotating group of trails. You will collect points based on finish order in your division, plus bonus points for theme attire and race times ending in the number of the week. The top five point earners in each class will be combined with your teammates to determine your team’s standing. Teams will be ranked highest to lowest by points in the fight for the ultimate prize at the end of the series: some truly sweet trophies and a year’s supply of bragging rights.
If you or a member of your team has to miss a week, don’t panic. Each team will have only the scores from their five best weeks count toward the championship. Each team’s lowest-scoring week will be dropped.
More ways to earn points. More race nights. More rider categories. Team standings, quicker results, and more giveaways making the series fun for even more riders. Stick around and join us for entertainment and fun at the Exit 19 Bar following the race each week. Each rider, win or lose, will have a chance to win prizes in free weekly raffles supported by different sponsors throughout the series.
RACING SERIES RULES:
- Registration will open May 1st. First come, first serve.
- $150 registration fee for the full series.
- $20 weekly Drop-in Rate (Points will not be earned and raffle prizes cannot be won)
- The race course will be open to the public until 5:00pm on race day.
- First group of racers will start at 5:15pm.
- Racers will receive one timed run on the weekly rotating trail.
- Re-dos will only be allowed if the racer stops to assist an injured rider.
- No Substitutions. If substitutions are made, the racer will automatically forfeit series points.
- Race plates must be visible to receive chips at the top of the race course. (Racers will be given 3 complimentary race plates to be used during the series. There will be a $5 charge for additional race plates)
- Racers will be given a unique wristband for lift access on race day.
- Race registration grants non-season pass holders lift access starting at 3pm on race day.
- Racers will be assigned a start group, and must be at the top of the race course at that time for a weekly racers meeting.
- Racers will receive race times when checking in on Race day in the Welcome Center.
- Teams will consist of 5 racers (Pro Tip: more diversity across age and gender classes on your team roster will allow for more point scoring!)
- Top 3 teams will take home awesome trophies and prizes from the series sponsors.
- Results will be available by 7pm at the Event link below (15-minute protest window after results are posted)
- Race announcements, raffle prizes and acknowledgments will take place around 7:30pm after every Race outside.
- Individual Points earned each week will also be used to determine the series overall winners in each class.
- Finalized team names and participants must be submitted by June 15th (Email email@example.com if your team is determined after you’ve submitted your race registration)
- Racers will earn points based on the below classifications (subject to change):
- U12 Boys
- U12 Girls
- 13-17 Boys
- 13-17 Girls
- 18-39 Men
- 18-39 Women
- 40+ Men
- 40+ Women
- Team points will be calculated each week, and the top 3 teams will be announced the following week.
- Racers who dress up according to the weekly theme will earn their team an additional 2 points (as judged by the Highland race crew)
- Race times ending in the number 8 will earn racers an additional 2 points.
- Points will be awarded each week based on:
- Top 5 racers in each class:
- 1st = 10 pts
- 2nd = 8 pts
- 3rd = 6 pts
- 4th = 4 pts
- 5th = 2 pts
- Top 5 racers in each class: