Then and Now: 50th Anniversary of “Highlands Ski Area” Event
Join us in celebrating 50 years (to the day!) when “The Highlands” was officially dedicated as a ski area. Bring your favorite memories to share, and see what it looks like now as Highland Mountain Bike Park. All are welcome!
- Mountain opens for non-lift accessed uphill travel – 9:00 am
- Highland Pub opens – 11:00 am
- Ice skating, sledding, bonfire – 11:00 am
- Hot Chocolate Bar opens – 2:00 pm
- Beer Tasting with Kettlehead Brewery and Henniker Brewing Co. – 5:00 pm
- Vintage Highland Ski Area Slideshow – 5:00 pm
- Live music from J Street Extension – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
During the day, we’ll have winter activities for the whole family. Go sledding in the slopestyle area or ice skating on the beaver pond. Our cross country and downhill trails will be open for non-lift access biking (weather permitting) and hiking/snowshoeing. The DH trails will be accessed via Freedom Trail from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Highland Pub will be open with a limited menu beginning at 11am, with a beer tasting at 5pm featuring Kettlehead Brewery, Henniker Brewing Co, and more.
Warm up by the bonfire or with a treat from our hot chocolate bar, open from 2pm-5pm. At 5pm, there will be a slideshow of vintage Highland’s Ski Area photos. After dark, the Highland Pub will stay open and have live music from J Street Extension from 7pm-10pm. Press the button below for more information and let us know you are coming by joining the Facebook event.